Monday, July 20, 2015

The past Five Days.

I've decided to make one big overview post about the past five days instead of several small ones.
Over the past five days, I've had a ton of fun! Yesterday, my parents and sister came to visit and took Nikki and me to the Fayette mall & goodwill and then to the mongolian grill, which was great. We had a class where we spoke to some Ecuadorian teachers, and that was very eye opening and interesting as well. I've done a lot of homework, and I feel like using Canvas is a lot easier to keep track of my work than it is at school, where if I forget an assignment, I dont have any way to find it easily. I'm dreading the end of the week and having to say goodbye to these people I've spent the past three weeks of my life with, because even though written down it doesnt sound like a very long time at all, but it feels like an eternity. I love the people here, the atmosphere, my friends, everything about it. I know that after I leave, I most likely wont see a bunch of these people again besides a few exceptions, and it makes me feel really......... upset, I guess. In a way, I'm kind of angry; at home, its very very hard for me to bond with people or make friends, because everyone there already knows me and has their own ideas about me. Here, nobody knew me, and I had a clean slate. Nobody had any preconceived ideas about me, so it was a lot easier to start from the beginning and make friends with them. I'm kind of angry that I finally made friends and bonded with these people and it came so easily, but now I have to go back home where I dont have many friends and can't stay with these people I know. I know that probably doesnt make much sense, and I'm probably rambling, but its been the main thing on my mind. However, I'm trying to push that out and just enjoy these last days at camp.
Until next time,
Casey Marie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment